Ultra-compact blade and reduced scooping angle for ultimate packability in a day pack.
The Responder shovel’s ultra-compact blade features a reduced scooping angle for ultimate packability in a small touring pack, and a flat back for shaving smooth snow pit walls during snow science. Its serrated leading edge and exceptional durability withstand cement-like avi debris. And its straighter geometry excels in paddling snow quickly during a burial rescue, making this shovel the choice for your rescue kit.
- Compact: Our smaller blade, featuring a reduced scooping geometry and neckless design for stashing easily in a backcountry or sidecountry pack; neckless design adds durability.
- Aggressive: 6061-T6 high-strength, hard-anodized aluminum blade, with traditional flat chopping face for stable strike and serrated edge to break up snow and ice.
- Fast Deployment: Two-section, non-rotational telescoping shaft and fast lockpin provide rapid, hassle-free deployment.
- Ergonomic T-handle: Meticulously designed to offer the same comfort and control as a D-handle, in a compact, low-profile form that works with all glove types.
- Versatile: Shaft’s upper section fits equally well into the blade, allowing you to choose the shovel length you need.
|Weight (Standard)||1 lbs 6 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||0.61 kg|
|Length (Standard)||32 in|
|Length (Metric)||81 cm|
|Collapsed length (Standard)||23 in|
|Collapsed length (Metric)||59 cm|